National Trail of Tears Assoctiation Reading List for Students and Teachers:
U.S. National Park Service Trail Brochure
U. S National Park Service. TRAIL OF TEARS. U.S. Dept of the Interior. Santa Fe, NM. Current. Comment: Request enough copies for history class. Shipping free. Great overview and background information about the removal with map and photos included.
The Journal of Reverand Daniel S. Butrick
Books: Trail of Tears Assoc. Oklahoma Chapter. CHEROKEE REMOVAL. The Journal of Rev. Daniel S. Butrick. Monograph One. Trail of Tears Association, Oklahoma Chapter. Park Hill, OK.  Comment: This paperback book is available through the National Trail of Tears website gift store. This journal was actually written by Rev. Butrick as he traveled with the Cherokees during the removal.
Night of the Cruel Moon
The Legal Ideology of Removal
What Does It Mean To Remove A People?
About Our Research Advisor
TOTA Student Research Advisor
Mrs. Lowe’s creditials:
Retired Teacher , Houston Independent School District, Houston, TX.
Former Student, Northeastern State University, Tahlequah, OK.
Bachelor of Science in Ed. Oklahoma A&M College, Stillwater, OK;
M Ed, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA.
- Past Board Member of the Cherokee National Historical Society
- Oklahoma Chapter of the National Trail of Tears Association
- The Cherokee Citizen’s League of Southeast Texas
- Confirmed as a member of the Cherokee Nation registration committee in 2010
- Currently serving as American Indian Chair for the Samuel Sorrell Chapter of NSDAR, Houston, TX.
- Immediate past President of the Houston Genealogical Forum, 2017.